Table of Contents
Previous topic Next topic
Program Status File
The program status file is automatically created or rewritten when the simulator is closed. As well as the number, location and sizes of the open windows, it stores the user configurable information for the particular 8051 program. All of the major settings will therefore be restored when a program of the same name is once again opened.
The file is saved with the same filename as the program but with the 51S extension. The user configurable attributes that are saved include the following:
The confirm binary setting is not stored in this file. Since this is a global setting, it is stored in the application ini file in the Windows directory.
- The check returns setting.
- The console i/o settings.
- The no break on stepout setting.
- The no break on stepover setting.
- The clear ram on reset setting.
- The serial output setting.
- The input and output port settings and filenames for ports P0 to P3.
- The addresses, types and status of all breakpoints.
- The memory organisation information.
- The Enable 8052 Timer 2 setting.
- The Show Data/Xdata Coverage setting
- The Code Coverage setting