The Crossware Embedded Development Studio is the integrated development environment application at the heart of the ColdFire Development Suite.
It links together the simulator, debugger and code creation wizards and also drives the compiler tool chain.
Note that the compiler tool chain can also be driven from the command line.
The Embedded Development Studio also provides other facilities including:
- Creates new projects with an initial set of default files
- Allows the organisation of multiple projects into workspaces
- Context coloured editing of compiler and assembler source code
- Context coloured views of compiler/assembler listings
- Scans the project source code to generate dependency information
- Uses the browse records generated bu the compiler to accelerate source code navigation
- Text file searching
- Find and Find and Replace in source views
- Provides access to the electronic manuals including full search capability
- Automatic generation of a build script which can be used to build your project from the command-line or from within another application.
- Integrated terminal emulator facilities
- Customisable commands allowing the launch of other executables
- Generation of GUIDs
- Conversion of bitmaps to C structures
- Supports multiple Crossware suites and tool chains and third party tool chains
New features in version 5 of the Embedded Development Studio include:
- Tabbed document views with tear-off tabs
- Compiler decorated source code views with collapsible blocks
- Bookmark and C/C++ navigation views with drag-and-drop tunnelling
- Integrated multi-media documentation combining text, still images and audio-visual movie clips
- Improved searching and viewing of the electronic documentation
Take a tour of the new version 5 features