Table of Contents
Previous topic Next topic
Program Status File
The program status file is automatically created or rewritten when the simulator is closed. As well as the number, location and sizes of the open windows, it stores the user configurable information for the particular ColdFire program. All of the major settings will therefore be restored when a program of the same name is once again opened.
The file is saved with the same filename as the program but with the CFS extension. The user configurable attributes that are saved include the following:
The confirm binary setting is not stored in this file. Since this is a global setting, it is stored in the application ini file in the Windows directory.
- The console i/o settings.
- The no break on stepout setting.
- The no break on stepover setting.
- The clear ram on reset setting.
- The addresses, types and status of all non-source level breakpoints.
- The Show Data Coverage setting
- The Code Coverage setting
Information about which exceptions are to be trapped or simulated is stored in a different file. This has the same filename as the program but with a CFE extension.